eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, August 2, 2007

License Plate Surveillance

For the past week, while driving to work I have seen this truck on different on-ramps to the freeway. I noticed that each day he was at an on-ramp closer to mine. I wanted to catch a pic of it, but never had my camera. However, today I had a feeling, and grabbed the cam. As luck would have it, this bad boy was parked right on the side of my on-ramp!

I pulled up to it slowly and zoomed my camera in on it. I stopped right near it, took a snap, and noticed a young man walk out from inside. He walked in front of my car, with his hand out, telling me to stop (I was already stopped). He started saying "Taking pictures of this is illegal, I need you to delete the photo in front of me" as he walked to my window. I replied with "Are you taking photos with this truck?" and he said "yes". I looked at him and laughed and told him to "kiss my ass, I know what you're doing here!" as I sped off with the photo in hand!

Take a close look at the picture. You really need to see the larger version.

Notice the setup? There is a radar machine that takes a photo when the car passes, which I'm sure is set up to a computer that organizes the photos and license plate numbers into a database. I should have asked him if he was working for homeland security.

The truck seems to be sporting an Arizona license plate "NE-69098".

This machine is just collecting a list of on-ramps different people use. They want to know everything they can about everything you do. Watch for similar systems to be set up on your on-ramp soon! Expect them to look a bit less invasive as well, this is most likely a test-run. They will probably end up as tiny boxes on the side of all the freeway entrances.

Get in touch if you know anything about these trucks.

No comments: